The Green Influencers Scheme
The Green Influencers Scheme is LIVE!
Applications have now closed.
The Ernest Cook Trust is delighted to announce a new funding programme for the environment and youth work sector designed to engage and inspire young people from across England to take part in environmental learning and action.
The Green Influencers Scheme is a project match-funded through the #iwill Fund. The National Lottery Community Fund and the Department of Culture, Media & Sport are each investing £25 million seed funding to create the #iwill Fund and The Ernest Cook Trust is acting as a match funder and awarding grants on behalf of the #iwill Fund.
The scheme will fund 40 Green Mentor posts based in Host Organisations across England until January 2023 to recruit and support groups of young people in environmental social action projects. Social action involves activities such as campaigning, fundraising and volunteering, all of which enable young people aged 10-14 years to make a positive difference in their communities as well as develop their own skills and knowledge.
How much is the Green Influencers Scheme grant to Host Organisations?
The Green Influencers Scheme will fund up to £15,000 per year (around 50% of a full time salary, including on-costs) plus £3,000 for Host Organisation administrative costs. The Ernest Cook Trust would expect to be a part-funder.
The Green Influencers Scheme will fund Registered Charities or Not-for-Profit organisations (based in and serving communities within England) that meet the following criteria:
- Environmental experience – Have at least two years’ experience of working in the environmental sector.
- Youth social action – Value the importance of high quality youth social action and can develop projects with the target age group of 10-14 years.
- Disadvantage – Focus on working with disadvantaged young people and communities based in areas of deprivation.
- Capacity to employ – Have the capacity to employ, part-fund and support a Green Mentor (Outdoor Learning Officer/Educational Officer/Youth Leader type role) from January 2021 – January 2023 and beyond.
- Can be flexible – Have the ability to continue youth engagement and action work in a ‘blended’ way and if necessary via online platforms and in line with national and local COVID-19 government guidelines.
- Diversity and inclusion – Can demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
The Green Influencers Scheme will not fund:
- Schools, Multi-Academy Trusts or other educational institutions
- Local Authorities
- Organisations based outside England
- Political campaigns
- The promotion of Religion. Faith organisations may apply, as long as there is clear benefit to the local community and not just those of a particular faith
- Sole traders
- Anyone who is applying on behalf of another organisation
- Organisations without at least two unconnected people on the board or committee
- Companies that are aimed at generating profits for private distribution
- Current staff member posts. We will only fund an extension of hours and duties for an existing member of staff.
Please see The Green Influencers Scheme Host Organisation Application Information with more details about the scheme and how to apply.
Application have now closed.
For enquiries please email email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!