This privacy notice sets out the way we process your personal information. We have done this to make sure you are aware of how we use your data at The Ernest Cook Trust, whether as a tenant/agreement holder (agricultural, residential or other), school/college/community group member (as a staff member or as a pupil/student/participant), grant applicant/holder, service provider, staff member, Trustee or otherwise. We will always refer to this page when we ask you for your consent and we will keep this page updated so you can be confident when sharing your information with us that it will be only used for what we describe here.
The Ernest Cook Trust (ECT) is a not for profit charity registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number ZA363475.
How we collect your information
We may collect your information in a few limited ways namely:
- Directly from you when you write to us, for example:
- in applying for a tenancy and once in place as a tenant;
- in applying for a grant and once in place as a grant-holder;
- in applying for a staff position at the Trust.
- From someone else such as our agents who act on our behalf in marketing tenancies, in recruiting staff, or school/college/community group staff in arranging visits.
- On rare occasions when we receive information about you from another organisation (for example when you, in the past, were a tenant of such an organisation).
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you (and your family members, where relevant):
- Contact and communication information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you);
- Financial information, including Direct Debit details (but not your payment card details, which we never collect or store ourselves);
- Certain other information which you volunteer, for example:
- when you apply for a tenancy or write to us as an existing tenant;
- when you write to arrange an educational visit;
- when you report to us on grant outcomes;
- when you apply to us for a position.
We may also collect limited data concerning your health or medical conditions, for example when you have volunteered this, for example so that we can take this into account in the management of the estate or tenancy/agreement with you or for the planning and conduct of educational visits or in relation to your employment/workplace needs.
How we use personal information
Personal information provided to us will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection or application in accordance with the preferences you express.