Apprenticeships & Scholarships
This grant supports organisations who offer young people work-based training and education programmes, enabling them to learn skills and fulfil their potential.
Programmes will have an emphasis on environmental engagement, covering areas such as land, food production, climate change, engineering technology, renewable energy, understanding nature and biodiversity. It will ensure each young person develops skills to promote meaningful connections with the countryside and respect for the natural environment.
How much grant funding will each organisation receive?
From £500 to £10,000 per student, per year.
What can we fund?
- Apprenticeships and Scholarships – Grant to support work-based training programmes, placements and academic studies.
- Learning Costs – Salaries, training costs, materials, tools and equipment – from £500 and up to £10,000 per student per year.
- Multi-year awards – The Trust will consider funding for the full period of the scheme, pending annual reviews and submission of the annual monitoring report.
- Non-Profit Organisations – We will fund UK-based registered charities, community interest groups, not-for-profit organisations and state schools.
- Any UK location – The work must have a direct benefit in the UK. Priority will be given to organisations working within areas of deprivation.
- Organisations with good governance – As part of the application process, we will require financial information, a copy of your latest Annual Reports & Accounts plus evidence of your Safeguarding Policy.
- A range of participants – While we anticipate that most applications will be for young people, the Trust appreciates that learning is for life, so has an open and inclusive policy. Priority will be given to organisations that include underserved applicants.
What can’t we fund?
- Individuals – But we can grant to an organisation/charity that only funds an individual.
- Agricultural Colleges
- Local Authorities
- Political Campaigns
- The promotion of religion – Faith Organisations may apply, as long as there is a clear benefit to the local community and not just to those of a particular faith.
Applications for Apprenticeships & Scholarships are currently closed.