Outdoor Learning Officer Grant
This grant supports charities and non-profit organisations who want to employ Outdoor Learning Officers, funding a contribution towards salaries only.
We know that inspirational teachers are key to helping young people form lasting connections with the natural environment. This is why we prioritise charities and organisations whose approach is to encourage young people to enjoy the outdoors and engage with nature. They will educate communities about land, food production and biodiversity, their work will enable society to have a healthy respect for their local environment and drive sustainable behaviour.
How much grant funding will each organisation receive?
Up to £15,000 per Outdoor Learning Officer, per year, for up to three years.
What can we fund?
- Contributions to salaries – The Trust’s Outdoor Learning Officer grant will fund up to £15,000 per year (approximately 50% of a full-time salary including on-costs).
- Multi-year awards – The Trust appreciates that supporting organisations for more than one year is often highly valued by charities to ensure sustainability, providing a opportunity to build capacity and potentially give a more sustained impact. Subject to satisfactory annual impact evaluation reporting, this award will fund continuation of a post at £15,000 per year for up to three years.
- Non-Profit Organisations – We will fund UK-based registered charities, community interest groups, not-for-profit organisations whose vision is aligned with our own.
- Any UK location – The work must have a direct benefit in the UK. Priority will be given to organisations working within areas of deprivation.
- Organisations with good governance – As part of the application process, we will require financial information, a copy of your latest Annual Reports & Accounts plus evidence of your Safeguarding Policy.
- Organisations with clear objectives – We will require a job description for the proposed Outdoor Learning Officer.
- ECT Funding-Plus – Outdoor Learning Officers will have the opportunity to network with the Trust’s own Outdoor Learning Officers and benefit from CPD, skills sharing and peer mentoring.
What can’t we fund?
- Local Authorities
- Political Campaigns
- The promotion of religion – Faith Organisations may apply, as long as there is a clear benefit to the local community and not just to those of a particular faith.
Applications for our Outdoor Learning Officer Grant are currently closed, but we hope to resume in spring 2021.